Prince Harry is going to be married! When the news hit last November, I looked at Harry’s directed charts to see what the stars were doing when he first met his bride-to-be, American actress Meghan Markle, in July of 2016. As you will see, the sparks of love were flying!
Harry’s natal chart appears first in the gallery below. I've included a key for abbreviations and other useful reference information at bottom.
Progressions to Jan 1, 2016 - The year during which Harry meets Meghan
Prog Asc 26.57 Aquarius
Prog MC 16.34 Sagittarius
Prog Sun 23.43 Libra
Prog Moon 12.03 Cancer
Prog Spirit 8.36 Gemini
Prog Fortuna 15.17 Scorpio
* Prog MC (16.34 Sag) is conjunct Harry’s natal Mars (16.57 Sag). Mars is natal Lord 10, so this conjunction puts a bright spotlight on Harry’s career and public role. Why would the 10th house be highlighted at a time of falling in love? Love is a private affair for most of us, but for a prince it's also a public affair because of the implications for the entire royal family. For royalty, everything is under the public eye. (Watch the excellent Netflix series “The Crown” to get a good flavor for this!)
* Prog Sun (23.43 Libra) is conjunct Spica, a royal star, marking this as an important year. It’s Harry’s turn to shine in the royal spotlight.
* Prog Moon begins the year at 12.03 Cancer, closely conjunct the natal Dsc, signaling that 7th house matters are on the agenda for action this year.
* Prog Love (super Venus, 20.16 Virgo) and Victory (super Jupiter, 24.53 Virgo) are both conjunct Harry’s natal Sun (22.56 Virgo). Love and Luck are Harry’s walking companions this year!
Harry's Solar Return for 2016 – Sept 16, 2015 (25 Leo Asc)
This solar return is plentiful with testimonies of love. Here are some of the highlights, starting at the top of the chart:
* SR Venus (16.08 Leo) falls onto the SR MC (13.12 Taurus) by antiscion, and both are also conjunct Harry’s natal Spirit (super Sun, 12.58 Taurus). Venus and the Sun are an archetypal pairing for romance and love. These two falling onto the MC puts them in a major spotlight for the year.
* SR Moon (23.46 Libra) is conjunct Spica, the same royal star we saw highlighted in the progressions. The Moon is one of Harry’s ‘Me’ planets and it is also natal Lord 7, signifying his significant other, whose fame will increase as a result of Harry’s choosing her.
* Neptune (7.59 Pisces Rx), the Earthshaker, falls by antiscion onto this Moon (23.46 Libra). Harry has said it was love at first sight. This testimony confirms that!
* Natal Arc Courage (super Mars, 16.02 Aries) is conjunct natal Love by antiscion (14.35 Virgo/15.25 Aries). Mars and Venus are another of the archetypal pairs for romantic love, showing us that sparks will fly!
* Natal Arc Love (28.40 Aries) is conjunct natal Victory by antiscion (1.57 Virgo/28.03 Aries). It’s as if Harry is striking personal gold in this match.
Harry's Lunar Return for June 30, 2016 (2.05 Aquarius Asc)
We don’t have the exact date on which Harry and Meghan met, but it is reported as 'sometime in July', making this the likely lunar return. Here are some of the testimonies supporting that:
* NA Courage (super Mars, 24.53 Libra) falls onto Spica. Although each chart must be considered separately, it’s interesting that Spica has been prominent at each level (progressions, SR, LR). Courage can stand in for Mars, natal Lord 10. This repeats the theme of Harry stepping into the royal spotlight as he meets his future mate.
* NA Captivity (super Saturn, 3.34 Sag) is conjunct the LR MC. Captivity is relevant in that once one chooses a mate, all other possibilities are foreclosed upon. Captivity can also stand in for Saturn, natal Lord 1, here. This repeats the message that although falling in love is a deeply personal matter, for a prince it has public and career implications as well.
* NA Fortuna (super Moon, 0.28 Libra) will cross over NA Love (super Venus, 5.19 Libra) this month. This is a clear testimony of Harry having a direct encounter with love.
* This same NA Love is conjunct natal Courage (super Mars, 4.09 Libra), a symbolic pairing of passion for the month.
* NA Victory (super Jupiter, 22.41 Virgo) falls onto Harry’s natal Sun (22.56 Virgo). Meeting Meghan is a joyful stroke of destiny for Harry.
In the next post I’ll look ahead at the testimonies for Prince Harry’s charts for the marriage, set for May 19, 2018.
Thanks for stopping by,
Kathryn at The Sun’s Joy
THE SEVEN KEY ARABIC PARTS ("SOUL PARTS")
Note! These formula remain the same whether the birth is by day or by night.
Part of Spirit (aka Solis or Abundance), ‘super Sun’: Asc + Sun - Moon
Part of Fortune (aka Fortuna or Hunger), ‘super Moon’: Asc + Moon – Sun
Part of Love, ‘super Venus’: Asc + PS – PF
Part of Necessity, ‘super Mercury’: Asc + PF – PS
Part of Courage, ‘super Mars’: Asc + PF – Mars
Part of Victory, ‘super Jupiter’: Asc + Jup – PS
Part of Captivity, ‘super Saturn’: Asc + PF – Saturn
Their positions in Prince Harry's natal chart are as follows:
Spirit: 12.58 Taurus (natal arc = 58.23 degrees below the Dsc)
Fortuna: 9.45 Virgo (natal arc = 58.24 degrees above the Dsc)
Love: 14.35 Virgo (natal arc = 63.14 degrees above the Dsc)
Necessity: 8.08 Taurus (natal arc = 63.13 degrees below the Dsc)
Courage: 4.09 Libra (natal arc = 82.48 degrees above the Dsc)
Victory: 1.57 Virgo (natal arc = 50.36 degrees above the Dsc)
Captivity: 8.16 Scorpio (natal arc = 58.31 degrees below the Asc)
KEY TO ABBREVIATIONS
Asc = Ascendant (1st house cusp)
Dsc = Descendant (7th house cusp)
LR = Lunar return
MC = Midheaven (10th house cusp)
NA = Natal arc (method of placing the Arabic Parts in the same place relative to the Asc/Dsc as they hold in the radix)
Prog = Progressed
SR = Solar return
Above, by Staff Sgt. Andrew Lee - https://www.dvidshub.net/image/1547961, Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=40771137
Below, by Mark Jones - This file has been extracted from another file: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle on Christmas Day 2017.jpg, CC BY 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=65635766
CHARTS, in order of appearance below:
Prince Harry, Radix: 15 Sept 1984, 4:20 pm BST in Paddington, England; 11.21 Capricorn Asc.
Prince Harry, Radix showing the 7 soul parts.
Prince Harry, Solar Return: 16 Sept 2015 in Paddington; 25.26 Leo Asc.
Prince Harry, Lunar Return: 30 June 2016 in Paddington; 2.05 Aquarius Asc.